Fast Video to GIF SWF Converter is, as its name indicates, a Video converting tool developed by Armenian Dictionary Software Inc. This piece of software follows the same criterion of all the applications produced by Armenian Dictionary Software Inc., the extreme simplicity.
The whole program is organized within a single window. In this window you will find everything you need to convert your videos in formats such as AVI (DivX, XviD), MPEG1, MPEG2, VCD, SVCD, WMV, and ASF to animated GIF and SWF flash files. When you load a video to convert, a Settings window will show where you can select some parameters for the conversion. The parameters correspond to quality level and size. Fast Video to GIF SWF Converter includes an extra application for post-processing manipulation of GIF files created with the converter.
The program window is organized with a central vertically oriented toolbar, dividing the window in two sections. The left section is used to display the income video, preview it, and get some file information. The right section is used to display the outcome file, preview it, and get some file information. The toolbar includes the following buttons:
• Open Video: to browse your system and load a video file to convert.
• Convert to GIF: to start the conversion of the video into a GIF animated file.
• Convert to SWF: to start the conversion of the video into a SWF file.
• Save: to save the output file if you are satisfied with the results. It allows you browsing your system to select the desired location.
• Transparency: allows you defining a color to set as transparent in the output file.
The down side of the application is that it doesn’t have a batch processing mode, which is useful taking into account the highly time consuming tasks this software performs.
Fast Video to GIF SWF Converter is designed to run on Windows based systems only. It runs almost in every version of Windows though (32 bits versions only). Check the list below:
• Microsoft Windows 98, ME and NT
• Microsoft Windows 2000
• Microsoft Windows XP
• Microsoft Windows 2003
• Microsoft Windows Media Center 2005
• Microsoft Windows Vista
Regarding system requirements, here’s a list for you to check out:
• Pentium compatible CPU
• 32 MB RAM or more
• 20 MB free space or more for the software's installation and running
• Mouse and Keyboard
You can try this tool for free for an unlimited period of time, but with the following restriction: you will be able to convert only the 50% of the input videos. Anyways, it is sufficient to get a feel about the application and decide whether or not buying it. If you decide to purchase Fast Video to GIF SWF Converter you can do it online using a credit card, and it will only cost you $ 19.95!